Only for nüvi 255w, nüvi 1460, nüvi 1350 and latest model in Malaysia
Map Detail - Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore/Brunei NT 2009.40 (2009-11)
- Logon at www.garmin.com.sg, then go to Support > Map Update and select the map to update.
( Remember do not go for software update! )
- Download the map installer file onto your hard drive.
- For map that requires unlock code, generate the unlock code by entering the serial number of your GPS device. Please copy and save the code.
- Connect your unit to a free USB port on your PC with the correct PC interface cable.
- Allow your GPS device to initialize and enter USB mode.
- Click the downloaded executable file to start the installation.
- Follow the installer's instructions to load the maps. Some map will require the unlock code during the installation process.
To install the map in your GPS device, please remove the memory card in your GPS device and disconnect other USB devices.
How To Check Your Map Version And Activate The Map?
From the menu, touch Tools > Settings > Map. Touch Map Info to view the map version and touch the box to activate or inactivate the map. If both Garmin City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT and Malsingmaps Malaysia/Singapore are activated, Garmin City Navigator Singapore/Malaysia NT will be set as the default map for navigation.
If the map update fails, and subsequent upload attempts prove unsuccessful, the unit may need to be returned to Garmin for service. Call Garmin at +886.2.26429199ext2 or email Garmin at email@example.com. You may also contact Garmin authorised dealer for product support.
Before proceeding, please back up your waypoints and route data. You may back up the data by copying the GPX files in the Garmin disk to your computer.